Monday, June 5, 2023

Jades Work

 They say time is like a barbed- wire fence, too many years pass by and its hard to get over it. I often wonder if your intentions behind being kind to me was to trap me in your snare. Oh how many years could the wool have been pulled over my naive set of eyes. I imagine the longer you stay in the position you're in the harder it is to escape the walls that confine you. 


While I shrink myself now, terrified of what time reveals and how all this may play out I enjoy the small open space that I now have to play in. Carefully I plant a garden and build a home on a field free of land mines. There are no threatening voices or screaming in my head any longer. They say power is a wonderful thing but I wonder how that power is working out for you now. You've made many an enemy with your screaming and shouting and emotional blackmail. What's even more beautiful is the peace that comes from a life well lived and sprinking seeds of love where ever you go. While I may have gotten addicted to the chaos and excitement your presense brought to my life, you taught me the most valuable lesson I've ever learned. I can now be self- aware of the space that I take up when I enter a room and share the microphone with other people.


*

I wonder if you know I sit on a window seat in a house on my street

Staring on past the Canadian geese swimming in the pond, the last thing that connects my life to yours

Although your soul repulsed me I'm thankful I got to see what it was and that I didn't have 15 years worth of you polluting mine like the city pollutes the pond

I watch as the towns-people feed the water fowl bread and they duck their beaks into the water until there's only crumbs left

Crumbs, just like the bits of attention you'd show to me to ride off your leftover high of hearing of the horrors my life was

Only true evil enjoys seeing human beings in pain


*

On Saying A Heartfelt Goodbye, For Now.


I didn't take account for how much time we were going to be alloted, but looking back I cherish each second that has passed hoping that it was also enough for you to make the decision to find me when life is a little less busy, hard, and demanding. 

I yearn for the day when you have the freedom to know my heart and what lies in it, for it is one that does not take but pours out love freely.

You are thought of all the days of my life, as if you were my own, and I thank the lord God above for gifting me the time I had with you even though it has slipped from my hands as if it were sand from the dunes of Saudi Arabia.

I urge you to cherish time, it is the only thing we have to spend that we cannot make more of. At the end of our lives we grapple with our decision to waste such a precious thing worrying about such simplistic things like how giant our bank accounts are, or what we have in our closet. Some of us even regretting a decision we made that didn't have much of an effect on our lives at all - but is that really true for i've been told that each decision of ours has a ripple effect that could spread a million miles wide and elevate or deteriorate lives all around us. 

We could have been an inspiration for generations of people searching for unity with the ability to go against a common enemy, but for now we pass time, leaving the door open for what may one day be something, but we must wait and see, taking each day hour by hour, minute by minute, second by second and just let time slip away until one day we have the power and can say we won't lose another millisecond staying out of one another's lives.

*

 


No comments:

Post a Comment