Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Thomas

 Thomas,

Thank You for the invite. And although I wish we had met under better, much happier circumstances, it's good to finally (more formally ) make your acquaintance. (Although I must say that over the years of our correspondence, I feel as though I already know you, thanks in large part to Katherine's penchant for vivid description in her many letters.)

Your Mother was very important to me, and I fear it's going to take a long time to adjust to the loss of her. But I hope that getting to know you in these coming weeks will make the transition of that grief ultimately more bearable. 

Already I feel a profound emptiness in my Soul in knowing I won't be sending (or receiving) any more letters. And it's still a terrible shock to me. 


Of course I will attend the funeral and I appreciate the invite to stay at your house and get to know you better. I think Katherine would have been comforted by the knowledge I am fulfilling a promise made to her quite some time ago. (more on that later though.)


Again, I'm truly sorry for your loss, and my deepest condolences to you and your family in these most trying times. If there's anything I can do between now and then to make the process any the more easier, please don't hesitate to let me know .


Kindest regards,


Stephen H.

No comments:

Post a Comment